12.12.08

Blind Pilot - 3 Rounds and a Sound (2008)



Blind Pilot sounds something like a wistful mix of The Shins with a bit of Iron & Wine folksiness. But these comparisons dont give a full representation of the unbelievable beauty of this album. Dont take our word for it. As Willamette Week immediately proclaimed: 'Every once in a while a band comes along that knocks me so flat on my ass that I wish I was in the PR business or an A&R guy instead of a critic, so I could throw myself wholeheartedly behind it. Blind Pilot [gave] me that sensation. Frontman Israel Nebeker sounds like a less theatric version of James Mercer: every bit as sincere and captivating, with vocal control and style to spare. And this band has songs coming out of its ears: deep, clever guitar-driven tunes fleshed out with soaring horn arrangements. Listening to and thinking about these songs has kept me awake at night lately.' It would be hard to imagine a better review, but 3 Rounds and a Sound is just that good. Amazon.com

No hay comentarios.: